CALGARY CENTRE FOR PERFORMING ARTS
(Operating under the name Arts Commons)
- These terms and conditions are binding on you (“you” or “your”), if you are the original owner or purchaser of an Arts Commons Gift Certificate, or if you have lawfully acquired your Gift Certificate from the original purchaser.
- By using an Arts Commons Gift Certificate, you are deemed to have received notice of and to have agreed to and accepted the terms and conditions of this agreement. We reserve the right to change or amend this agreement in whole or in part at any time by posting such changes or amendments on our webpage and you agree that such a posting shall constitute adequate notice of the change.
- By using your Gift Certificate after the posting of any such notice, you are deemed to have agreed to and accepted such change or amendment. We encourage you to check our webpage frequently for changes or amendments to this agreement.
- Gift Certificate account balances are denominated in Canadian dollars. To obtain your account balance, present your Gift Certificate at or call the Arts Commons Box Office (403-294-9494) or go online at www.artscommons.ca and log into your account.
- Minimum Gift Certificate value is $20.
- Certificates have no value until purchased and activated by Arts Commons. There is a $1.50 fee to activate a Gift Certificate.
- Gift Certificates can be used towards the purchase of any single ticket event or subscription sold through the Arts Commons Box Office, online, by phone, or in person. NOTE: Not all single ticket events, subscriptions, or special packages are sold through the Arts Commons Box Office, and not all subscriptions or special packages are available for purchase online. Please contact our Box Office should you have any questions.
- Gift Certificates cannot be redeemed for cash. Coupons or other discounts will not apply to the purchase of Gift Certificates.
- Purchases will be deducted from the Gift Certificate amount until the value reaches zero. In the event that any purchase value exceeds the remaining balance on the Gift Certificate, you must pay the difference to Arts Commons using some other form of payment.
- Gift Certificates are fully transferable, with no expiry date.
- You are liable for all transactions associated with the Gift Certificate. Gift Certificates should be treated like cash. Lost or stolen cards cannot be replaced or refunded.
- Arts Commons will not honour Gift Certificates that are obtained by fraud or theft and reserves the right to cancel any such gift certificate.
- If any term, condition, or provision of this agreement is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid, or unenforceable, that term, condition, or provision shall be severed from this agreement and the remaining terms, conditions, and provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
- This agreement and its application and interpretation will be governed exclusively by the laws prevailing in the Province of Alberta.
- Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this agreement or in respect of any legal relationship associated with or derived from this agreement shall be arbitrated and finally resolved in such forum and pursuant to such rules as you and Arts Commons may agree upon or, in absence of such agreement, by a single arbitrator appointed pursuant to the laws and rules relating to commercial arbitration in the Province of Alberta.