“WEIRD AL” YANKOVIC
THE STRINGS ATTACHED TOUR 2019
“Weird Al” Yankovic is the biggest-selling comedy recording artist in history, earning four Grammys and fifteen career nominations. The legendary musical satirist follows his sold-out 2018 tour of intimate venues - where he played deep cuts for his hardcore fans - with his biggest show ever. Weird Al is back to playing the hits and classics with his Strings Attached tour, a high-energy rock and comedy production featuring his original band, costumes, props, a video wall and - for the first time - background singers and a full symphony orchestra.
“Weird Al” Yankovic is best known for sending up the biggest hits in the world with his own hit parodies, including “Eat It,” “Like A Surgeon,” “Smells Like Nirvana,” “Amish Paradise,” “White & Nerdy,” and “Word Crimes.” Yankovic’s last album, 2014’s Mandatory Fun, made history as the first comedy album ever to debut at #1 on the Billboard Top 200 chart.
The 'Strings Attached' Weird Al Meet & Greet Experience – VIP Package
· One (1) Premium Reserved ticket in the first (15) rows
· Meet Weird Al after the show and take a studio quality professional photo
· Your photo with Al: (1) 8x10 print, (2) 5x7 prints, (8) wallet size prints, plus free download
· One (1) exclusive, limited edition Strings Attached tour poster. Poster design is unique to your show.
· One (1) piece of orchestra sheet music used on stage by the conductor during the show
· One (1) personalized signature (any one item of your choice)
· Invitation to the official Strings Attached after-party featuring soft drinks, snacks and cash bar* (local liquor laws apply)
· One (1) souvenir VIP laminate
· Fast-track VIP merchandise shopping including early entry access inside the venue for merch shopping opportunity before general doors
· On-site VIP host
The Jack Singer Concert Hall in Arts Commons is described as one of the most beautiful and acoustically acclaimed venues in North America. Home of Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra, BD&P World Music, and TD Jazz, audiences are treated to some of the world's finest musical events. The hall also welcomes a spectrum of events each season from TED talks and National Geographic speakers, to wedding dinners on the stage and rock stars on tour.
Ideal for: Weddings, performances, meetings, graduation ceremonies, and corporate events
Capacity: 1797 – Theatre-style seating 150 – Formal dinner seating 200 – Cocktail reception
Lighting & A/V: Fully customizable lighting and A/V options
Stage: Stage measures 86' wide by 38' deep.
Accessibility: Theatre seating includes wheelchair accessible Seats
Named after Mr. Jack Singer ($1.5M contribution from his sons, Alan and Stephen Singer), the concert hall is also the home of the Carthy Organ donated by the Carthy Foundation in the amount of $750,000 in memory of Mrs. Margaret Mannix. Suspended high above the stage is a laminated, 185,000-pound (90-ton) spruce-wood acoustical canopy that can be raised or lowered to tune the hall according to the specific needs of each performer.
Over its 32 year life, Jack Singer Concert Hall has undergone many upgrades to ensure that it remains a state-of-the-art performance hall, including a new million dollar sound system with state-of-the-art hearing assistance in 2004, a complete replacement of all its analog sound boards in 2014, and the future replacement of all of its seats to be completed by fall 2017.